GATHER, GROW, GO OUT TO SERVE
At Smithers Christian Reformed Church we believe that God is the center of all things.
Because of His love for us lives can be changed.
It is because of Him that we gather together, through Him that we grow,
and with Him that we serve each other and our community.
Our goal is to help people meet Jesus and experience the hope He provides.
- We value worship, lifting up God’s name by telling others about our love and commitment to Him in response to what He shows us through the Bible.
- Our preaching and teaching is based on the Bible and we reflect the “Reformed” perspective which simply means that “God is involved in every aspect of our lives.”
- Prayer is foundational to our Christian life.
- We will seek out, and lead others into a living relationship with Jesus Christ through sharing His love with others.
- We will welcome and enfold all people who gather with us.
- We will identify and encourage the use of the spiritual gifts of those in our fellowship.
- Quality care, education and support for the spiritual growth of our children and youth is very important to us and we are committed to their faith formation.
- Total devotion to Christ’s teaching is the norm.
- Small groups will be used for fostering mutual care and spiritual growth
- “Christ as the Center” directs all of our lives and ministries.
- Stewardship of our time, talents and resources honours God and serves our church, our community and our world.